Thursday, August 30, 2007

I Moved (again)

Seems like today's young generation lives out of a suitcase, and I am a creature of my times.

I have (halfway) moved to my apartment in the new dorm, with three of my freshman year hallmates. Updates, pictures and descriptions to follow this week. (I'll email the address to those who want it.)

The suite is bright, modern, and we are the second set of residents to be housed in the high-tech, environmentally-friendly hall. We have a full kitchen with dishwasher in the apartment, and I am approximately 30 seconds away from the brand-new music building. It has practice rooms with grand pianos!

I am entering stressful period, though: I need to radically change my class schedule, keep up with work at the division (which is piling up since my boss is on vacation), finish moving all of my stuff over here and set up the room, write several long and hearty letters to my slew of overseas penpals, compose a press release for a non-profit organization a coworker started, begin classes next week, cover local arts and music for the Daily right away (next show=Sunday) and interview for job no. 2. My year of fun last year will be replaced by jobs and upper-level classes as I prepare to graduate. Yet I am happy the summer is over: I thrive when I am busy, when I am needed, when I know where to go and don't have time to be bored or think about the universe in great depth.

Oh, and maybe my inspiration to write here has (somewhat) returned, as it tends to do under stress. But I really should go to sleep now....

No comments: