Update X
My visa to go here came in the mail this afternoon. Muito bem! And to go here, I thankfully don't need a visa -- plus I can pass for honorary Cubana, ¿verdad? (Man, gone are the days when I could go to Paris for the weekend. Боря, cuz, you reading this in Berlin? Disfruta del momento, compadre!)
Today I was telling my community health professor the story about how I ended up in Rio to begin with, back in 1991 (the story you all know). It dawned on me that in 1991, I came to Brazil as a six-year-old citizen of the Soviet Union. In 2008 I will return to Brazil as a twenty-two-year-old citizen of the United States. Life is amusing! Viva Brasil.
In other news, not much is new. School, work, internship, procrastination -- the usual. It's midterm season at Tufts, so everyone is cranky and there is a general atmosphere of "being tense" á lá American collegiate style. I'm okay as far as workload goes (normal/high), but I tend to leave everything until the last minute so I get stressed out looking at other people and then getting to my stuff. Such is the 'hood nowadays, dogz. When's Christmas again?
1 comment:
Rita Maria!
Ya extrañaba tus "updates"... yo tampoco tengo mucho para contar... la vida correo con su cotidianidad habitual... mmm.. fui a Londres el fin de semana pasado, estuvo muy bien, hizo buen tiempo. Despues te mando las fotos :)
Besos!!!
Angela
Post a Comment